Baked Feta with Tomatoes and Olives

Mediterranean baked feta is roasted to perfection with recent herbs, tomatoes, olives, and a drizzle of olive oil. This is an appetizer everybody loves!



Ingredients

  • 8 oz. block of feta
  • 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/8 cup thinly sliced red onion (or 1/4 cup in case you actually love onion)
  • ¼ cup thinly sliced red pepper
  • 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped basil
  • 1 tsp. chopped oregano (or ½ tsp. dried)
  • ¼ tsp. black pepper, recent cracked
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 400° F (205° C).
  • Mix all meals special than feta collectively in a small bowl.
  • Place block of feta right into a small rimmed oven secure baking dish. Add tomato combination to ideal of feta, letting it spill over into the dish.
  • Bake for approximately 20 minutes till vegetables are roasted and feta has softened. Serve with crackers and/or vegetable crudités. 

Notes

  • This recipe was adapted from Smitten Kitchen's Mediterranean Baked Feta.

Nutrition

  • Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 545mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 22.3mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 1.2mg 

Picture of baked feta with roasted vegetables   Maybe its my minute sliver of Greek ancestry, but feta actually does it for me. Throw a sprinkle of feta on lovely a lot one thing and I’m a pleased camper. It simply makes everything thaaat a lot better, ya know?

You can think how excited I was whilst I first heard of baked feta. Basically only a slab of recent cheese topped in all types of tasty roasted stuff like tomato, red pepper, herbs – its what desires are made of people! Well, bizarre foodie desires at least.

For this recipe you wish actual legit packed in water feta. That crappy pre-crumbled stuff simply won’t suffice. This recipe is as simple as taking that enormous ol’ bite of cheese, plunking it down in a baking dish, topping with goodies, and throwing it within the oven. That’s all there may be to it really.

Feta is a nice possibility whilst it involves cheese too since sheep milk is decrease in lactose and fat. The lactose ranges are so low in actuality that many lactose intolerant folks can consume it with out any problems. I need I had recognized this years ago whilst I was severely lactose intolerant simply due to the fact giving up cheese altogether was now not within the playing cards for me. So, whilst a cheese value pain for got here along, I simply powered through. I’m now not going to cross into information at the symptoms, but they have been tremendous unsightly to assert the least.

Lactose intolerance is a mysterious ailment. Between me and my 4 siblings, three of us went by durations of lactose intolerance in our past due teenagers and early 20’s. I can’t even start to realize what precipitated that, but now that I’m capable to deal with dairy once more (hallelujah!), I’m very sympathetic to these that can’t. I actually actually sense ya man… And be careful – now not all feta is created from sheep milk!

Baked feta with roasted vegetables in a white dish
Luckily, apart from being decrease in lactose, this baked feta isn’t as enormous of a food regimen buster as you might think. Each serving is set 150 energy – and that’s assuming you break up this factor among 6 people, which makes for lovely beneficiant portions.

Piling veggies on ideal facilitates lighten up this baked feta dip and reduce the caloric load altogether. I’m a sucker for recent herbs and I’m fully in love with this combo of parsley, basil, and oregano. You can sub in dried oregano rather of recent with out sacrificing too a lot flavor, but please, for the love of god, use recent parsley and basil! Those NULL play a foremost phase in creating the garden-fresh style that makes this baked feta what it is… which is delicious.

If you’re actually into feta, I even have a whipped feta recipe this is tangy and attractive too. Of if the tomatoes are what’s drawing you in, examine out this zucchini tomato dip – its to die for! If you desire one thing special altogether, these zucchini pizza bites are fun or these candy potato patties are a unique, delicious switch of tempo with an both tantalizing dipping sauce.

Before and after image of baked feta
My photography abilities aren’t vast so this actually doesn’t seize how delicious it is. You’re going to should take my phrase for it.

White dish with baked feta topped with tomatoes, herbs, olives and peppers
All this speak about feta has completed wonders in getting my thoughts off of special issues so thanks for hearing my feta love fest. As I’m writing this, I’m gearing up for fairly the busy week, crammed with plenty of travel, friends, and household time. I’m at the highway for work now, flying once more to Portland tomorrow, selecting up one in every of my closest chums from the airport simply several hours after, after which flying out once more a day later. This well suited buddy of mine is in metropolis for a actually heartbreaking reason, that I’m now not totally as plenty as speaking about at this point, but nonetheless, it's going to be vast seeing her.

Then, the husband and I are flying out to Toronto this Friday to go to Ted’s dad’s edge of the household for a lengthy weekend. Meanwhile, his mother may be flying in from Argentina at the day we get back. She stocks my love of antique homes so I can’t wait to present her round the only that we simply bought. Needless to say, it’ll be an motion packed week crammed with nice people. Bring it on.

Baked Feta with Tomatoes and Olives
Mediterranean baked feta is roasted to perfection with recent herbs, tomatoes, olives, and a drizzle of olive oil. This is an appetizer everybody loves!