An clean recipe for baked scallops with a high quality sauce of butter, lemon, and Parmesan. Perfect over cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower!
INGREDIENTS
INSTRUCTIONS
|
This delicious recipe for baked scallops is all the time a giant hit, every time I make it. Everyone raves about it and asks for the recipe! It’s certainly one of my favourite scallop recipes.
I make this recipe for friends simply due to the fact it’s foolproof and favored by everyone. But I also make it for my family, simply due to the fact it’s healthy, tasty, and really clean to make.
I originally printed this recipe in 2016. This weblog has since gained many new followers. So I am republishing it at the moment simply due to the fact I don’t desire my new readers to overlook out on a really glorious recipe!
What is the finest strategy to prepare dinner sea scallops?
I am partial to baking. I do love my recipe for seared scallops and make it often. The lovely crust that varieties on seared scallops is amazing. And those broiled scallops are phenomenal. They are tacky and delicious.
But baking is by far the least difficult strategy to prepare dinner sea scallops. And whilst baked in a tasty sauce, they pop out so flavorful and succulent.
This recipe is delicious. It can also be very clean to make – simpler than sauteed scallops, for sure. And the buttery-cheesy topping is solely wonderful.
The meals you’ll need
You’ll only need a pair of clean meals to make this tasty dish (exact measurements are indexed within the recipe card below):
Large sea scallops
Unsalted butter
Dry white wine
Fresh lemon juice
Grated Parmesan cheese
Kosher salt and black pepper
Spices: garlic powder, dried parsley, cayenne pepper, and candy paprika
Chopped contemporary parsley for garnish
How to make baked scallops
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the fundamental steps:
Top the scallops with a combination of butter, wine, lemon juice, parmesan, and spices.
Cover and bake till cooked through, about 25 minutes at 350°F.
Sprinkle with additional cheese and with paprika and broil till browned.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
How to serve baked scallops?
The dish comes out of the oven fairly saucy and the sauce is exquisite, so utilize it. If you don’t thoughts carbs/gluten, serve those scallops on a bed of rice or pasta.
If you’re on a low-carb and/or gluten-free diet, cauliflower rice is the correct resolution for you. Mashed cauliflower also works nicely to take in the tasty sauce.
I generally use a bed of uncooked spinach leaves. The hot buttery sauce wilts the leaves just sufficient to softly prepare dinner them. This is really certainly one of my favourite strategy to serve those scallops.
Are scallops healthy?
Yes, scallops are healthy, until obviously you’re allergic or have different unique concerns.
It’s true that on this recipe the scallops are cooked in a prosperous buttery sauce. However, latest study tells us that full-fat dairy, adding butter and cheese, is harmless.
If you disagree (some professionals do), you may desire to attempt this super recipe for seared scallops, wherein the scallops are cooked in olive oil.
Reviews of this recipe and a few tasty variations
I love visiting Pinterest and seeing the various methods folks make this baked scallops recipe. There are so many vast variations! I haven’t really tried any of them – I like this recipe just as it's – but they certain sound good. Here are a pair of exciting ideas:
- Add hot sauce for some additional kick.
- Mix in some crumbled bacon.
- Add scallions.
- If you wish to no longer use wine, merely omit it. The dish is nonetheless amazing.
- Serve over polenta.
- Serve over quinoa.
What to do with leftover baked scallops?
You can maintain leftovers for as much as 3 days within the fridge, in a sealed container. Reheat them very gently, covered, within the microwave on 50% power.
Never miss a recipe!
