Cinnamon French Toast Bites

These Cinnamon French Toast Bites are so a lot fun to make! You sort of “sauté” them, as although you're stir frying! And it is going with out saying that they’re fun to EAT too. 🙂



Ingredients

  • 4 thick slices of quite stale white bread (1"/2.5cm thick) (Note 1)
  • 2 big eggs (or 3 small eggs)
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 3 tbsp butter , separated
  • Maple syrup to serve (not optional!)

Instructions

  • Cut the crust off the bread, then cut every piece into 9 identical cubes.
  • Whisk the eggs, milk and salt in a medium bowl.
  • Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
  • Melt 1 1/2 tbsp of butter in a fry pan over medium excessive heat. Don't allow the butter brown.
  • Quickly toss half the bread cubes within the egg combination and use your arms to shake off extra egg mixture. Place the bread cubes within the fry pan and use a wood spoon to "sauté" them till browned on all aspects - about 2 to a few minutes.
  • Remove the bread cubes from the fry pan immediately into the sugar mixture. Toss to coat, then take away onto a plate.
  • Repeat with ultimate bread cubes.
  • Serve immediately, with maple syrup for dipping.


Those of you who had been following alongside for a whereas will recognize that I even have a weak spot for french toast. I’ve shared 9 french toast recipes so far, and I’ve even created a recipe sequence for them! (You can test it out right the following -> New Ways With French Toast).

I count on to run out of tips soon. A french toast drought.

But till then, I’ll maintain sharing new takes on french toast that I arise with. No subject how wacky they might seem, as lengthy as they’re scrumptious! And those little infants truthfully fit that bill.

They style like mini cinnamon doughnuts! With about 80% tons less energy – win, win, win!!


These French Toast Bites are truly in basic terms a model on my Cinnamon French Toast Sticks. The in basic terms difference is that the bread is cut into cubes and they're method extra fun to cook.

“More fun to cook?”, I pay attention you ask. Yes, they truly are! Because they're within the form of cubes, browning every edge via turning them is a actual pain. So instead, I “sauté” them with a wood spoon, as although I’m making a stir fry. It works perfectly!

Food you possibly can devour together with your hands. My accepted kind….

OK, right the following we go, right the following are my Baby Hands on present for you to have a snicker at. Gives you a few attitude of the dimension of those French Toast Bites. But remember, my arms are abnormally small so the French Toast Bites appear greater than they in reality are!!

Recipe Notes:
1. I truly suggest utilizing quite stale bread for this so the bread does not absorb too a lot egg combination (which effects within the internal of the french toast being soggy uncooked egg) AND they'll grasp their dice form higher when "sautéing" them. The finest bread to make use of is a block loaf that you possibly can cut into the wanted thickness. This may well also additionally just be made with pre sliced bread but as the slices will not be 1"/2.5cm thick, the french toast will not be "cubes" (or they'll probably be very small cubes!).
But should you do not thoughts what form they pop out as, you possibly can use any bread you desire for this (though personally breads with grains in it is not to my style for this dish). I've made this with sourdough, leftover baguettes or even blending up scraps of other varieties of leftover bread.
2. The thickness of every slice of bread is set the an identical of 2 slices of sandwich bread. But you cut the crusts off so that you lose a little bit of bread. So this recipe serves round 3 people, or four of us looking their calorie intake, or 2 super hungry of us / of us who lack self manipulate round doughnuts. 🙂
3. Nutrition assuming 3 servings.