Easy Cream Cheese Kolaches


These easy, low carb cream cheese kolaches are a breakfast deal with with simply 2.8 web carbs each! Low carbs, no gluten? Sounds just like the appropriate breakfast to me!



Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
  • 2 tablespoons cream cheese
  • 3/4 cup almond flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 10 drops vanilla stevia liquid
  • 2 packets monk fruit about 1 teaspoon, or favored sugar unfastened sweetener

Pecan Layer

  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons swerve or different sugar unfastened granulated sweetener

Filling

  • 4 ounces cream cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 packets monkfruit
  • 15 drops vanilla stevia liquid or to taste


Instructions
Dough

  • Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a microwave secure bowl.
  • Heat on excessive for about 1 1/2 minutes and stir to blend.
  • If or no longer it isn't all of the method melted you may microwave it for 30 seconds more.
  • Stir within the almond flour, baking powder, egg, vanilla, stevia, and monkfruit.
  • Knead the dough within the bowl till all of the meals are incorporated. It will appear just like the egg will by no capacity be blended in but it's going to when you maintain kneading and squeezing.
  • Preheat the oven to 350F.
  • Divide the dough into 8 pieces.
  • Roll every piece in a ball and area on a silplat lined baking sheet.
  • Flatten slightly.
  • Create a hole within the middle together with your thumbs.
  • Sprinkle every middle with a few of the pecans, fill with cream cheese filling, and sprinkle with a couple of additional of the pecans.
  • Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or till agency and golden.

Filling

  • Warm the cream cheese within the microwave till or no longer it's soft.
  • Beat within the final ingredients.
  • Use to fill the kolaches


For this recipe you’ll need: Mozzarella, cream cheese, almond flour, baking powder, egg, vanilla, vanilla stevia liquid, monkfruit (or different sugar-free sweetener) pecans, cinnamon, silpat or parchment


I have an addiction to kolaches. Living about 45 minutes north of West, Texas (which occurs to be the kolache capitol so far as I’m concerned) capacity that I can hop in my vehicle and kolache myself into carbohydrate heaven in much less time than it takes me to get throughout Dallas. My favorite? Czech Stop… or Village Bakery. Only in Texas are you able to get that variety of meals at a gasoline station!

Wait. Maybe my favourite is Village Bakery…

Kolaches are puffy clouds of buttery yeast dough stuffed with all types of yumminess from cream cheese to jalapeno sausage. They are delicious BUT they're filled with carbs. Bazillions of them.

Which capacity that possibly I’ll deal with myself as soon as a year. Totally no longer enough.

I’ve been utilizing a model of the Fathead pizza dough for pizza invariably but it’s merely been within the previous couple of months that I discovered that it may be used for pastries, too. I’ve been facing lots of mozzarella making an attempt all types of things. Some work and a few don’t. This low carb kolache recipe does.

Oh boy, does it ever.


Here’s the deal. Low carb cream cheese kolaches, just like the traditional version, are at their greatest whilst they're contemporary out of the oven. They are delicious after they’ve been frozen and warmed up but no longer fairly as nice simply due to the fact the contemporary ones. I personally don’t care because… kolache. I simply don’t desire you to freeze them after which get indignant with me simply due to the fact they don’t style precisely the similar simply due to the fact the contemporary ones. Still yummy but no longer precisely just like the contemporary ones, ok?

The dough is sticky but rainy your fingers usually and you’ll do fine.

The following are affiliate links. If you click on by way of and purchase anything I will get a small commission used for preserving the weblog up and working smoothly. Thank you for being a aspect of Lowcarb-ology!

Silpat or parchment is a ought to for this recipe. I choose silpat as it lasts invariably and parchment will get expensive. I nonetheless have my silpat sheets that I got 7 years ago! We’re speaking masses of funds in parchment. Vanilla stevia drops upload additional vanilla taste alongside with the sweetness. I use it in my coffee, in baking, and on my low carb granola and cashew milk breakfasts!



Nutrition
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.7g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 1.9g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 1mg