Enchilada-Stuffed Grilled Portobello Mushrooms

These enchilada stuffed grilled portobello mushrooms are an simple vegetarian dinner recipe it actually is prepared in beneath 25 minutes, and won’t go away you feeling hungry.




Ingredients

  • 4 portobello mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 cup corn kernels
  • 1/2 cup black beans tired and rinsed
  • 1 cup enchilada sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1 cup mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese shredded
  • 2 tablespoons chives

Instructions

  • Pre-heat your fish fry to medium-high heat.
  • Using a small spoon, scoop the gills out of the mushrooms.
  • Brush mushroom exteriors with olive oil and location on an enormous plate.
  • In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the enchilada sauce, salt and flour till no lumps remain.
  • Spoon circular 2 tablespoons of corn and black beans into every mushroom. Drizzle with the sauce. Top with shredded cheese.
  • To grill:Grill over direct warmth (on a veggie grilling plate, or immediately on blank grill) for 5-6 minutes, till cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
  • Sprinkle with chives and serve with a part salad.
  • To bake:Heat oven to 450°F. Bake for 5-10 minutes, till cheese is bubbly and mushrooms are softened (but now not mushy).




It’s that point of yr again: I desire to throw everything and something at the grill. How about you?

Pros to utilizing the grill: much less dishes. You can work in your tan whereas it cooks. Less dishes. You get to put on flip flops. Did I mention? Less dishes.

So perhaps I’m stimulated via a singular, but very persuasive reason. And those enchilada stuffed portobello mushrooms slightly make any dishes…just one bowl. You’re welcome!


I am so completely satisfied simply due to the fact Ben (aka Mr. Carnivore) has now not been setting up a combat when it involves vegetarian recipes lately. Probably simply due to the fact I at all times continuously ALWAYS make certain there may be a lot of protein to preserve us full. There is nothing worse than feeling hungry an hour after dinner, right?

These grilled portobello mushrooms are now not any exception. They are stuffed with corn and beans, enchilada sauce, and topped with cheese. So a lot of protein! We loved ours with a part salad, but on their own, the mushrooms are fairly filling!

I got the concept to make those mushrooms after I was watching again at this Grilled Mushroom Appetizer with Bruschetta and Goat Cheese. It got me pondering about all of the delicious issues you possibly can stuff in a mushroom cap. And enchilada flavors sounded lovely darn perfect.


My first batch of those ended up actually watery…the mushrooms launch liquid as they prepare dinner and it grew to become the enchilada sauce right into a soupy liquidy mess.

So for spherical 2 I blended the enchilada sauce with a tablespoon of flour and that did the trick. Much much less soupy!

These guys purely must prepare dinner at the fish fry for 5-6 minutes! The cheese will get melty, the sauce is bubbly and the mushrooms are *just* cooked through. You don’t desire them to overcook simply due to the fact they cave in right into a pile of mush and the enchilada sauce will escape.

In total, this recipe is prepared in 21 minutes! Does that sound just like the correct Thursday dinner recipe or what?

I’ll see you guys on Saturday with an enormous vintage series of summery one-skillet dinner recipes. Are you excited? I am!!


Notes
Canadians: I was capable to discover Casa Fiesta enchilada sauce in my region Co-op grocery store, but within the event you're now not able to discover it, I've used this recipe to make it from scratch within the past.

Nutrition
Serving: 1mushroom | Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 427mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g