Farmer’s Market Skillet

Farmer’s Market Skillet places recent farmer’s market reveals to nice use in a creamy, healthy skillet.



Ingredients


  • 1-3/4 cups fowl broth
  • 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
  • 1 Tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 small zucchini, quartered and sliced (or half a enormous one)
  • 2 ears candy corn, kernels cut off the cob (about 1-1/2 cups)
  • 2 inexperienced onions
  • salt & pepper
  • 1 vine-ripened tomato, chopped
  • 1/2 cup feta
  • 2 Tablespoons chopped basil
  • For the Honey Lemon Vinaigrette:
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
  • 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1-1/2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1 garlic clove, microplaned or finely minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper


Directions

  • Bring fowl broth to a boil in a saucepan. Add rinsed quinoa and vicinity a lid on top, turn the warmth down to medium-low, then cook dinner till the broth is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 25 minutes. Fluff the cooked quinoa with a fork and permit cool slightly.
  • Meanwhile, combine all meals for the Honey Lemon Vinaigrette in a jar or bowl, then shake or whisk to mix and set aside.
  • Heat oil in a enormous skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute till golden brown, about 30 seconds. Add zucchini, candy corn, and inexperienced onions, season with salt and pepper, then saute till slightly tender, about four minutes. Add cooked quinoa and half the Honey Lemon Vinaigrette, then stir and cook dinner for 1 additional minute.*
  • Add ultimate vinaigrette, tomatoes, feta cheese, and basil to the skillet. Stir well, taste, and upload additional salt and pepper if necessary. Let cool 10 minutes earlier than serving.


Notes
If you desire to make this a chilly salad, cool cooked quinoa and veggies separately, then blend with the ultimate vinaigrette, tomatoes, feta cheese, and basil, and kick back completely.


Last yr I made a wretchedly shameful confession in this blog.

I am absolutely responsible of going to the Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings, now not shopping for a thing, then going to the grocery shop the subsequent day to buy my produce there.

I know. I hate me sufficient for the NULL of us!


It’s simply that, I don’t often do my weekly meal planning till Sunday, and as a lot as I hate now not shopping for instantly from the farmers themselves, I hate the concept of shopping for anything and letting it cross to waste even more, as I’m now not the sort of consumer who can arise with a marvelous dish upon seeing a spectacularly organized pile of vine-ripened tomatoes, or something, on the market.


Anyway, this yr I’ve vowed to switch my despicable methods and am creating a number of Farmer’s Market pleasant recipes to maintain helpful so I can go with up no matter appears recent and pretty on the market, and understand it won’t cross to waste at home.

The first recipe in my Farmer’s Market Collection? Farmer’s Market Skillet!


This creamy, quinoa-based dish makes use of in-season, locally grown produce adding zucchini, candy corn, and tomatoes, wrapped up in melty feta cheese, and seasoned with herby, recent basil. Plus it’s made in only 1 skillet!


I used what’s on hand to me right right here locally, but use no matter produce you’ve got on hand on your edge to make this a Farmer’s Market pleasant meal anywhere you live.