GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN SPICE DONUTS

Baked, now not fried, and coated in a delicious Cinnamon Maple Cream Cheese Glaze, these Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Donuts are the most useful fall breakfast (or dessert!)



INGREDIENTS
PUMPKIN DONUTS:

  • ¾ cup sugar
  • ½ cup canola oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour blend
  • 1 teaspoon xanthun gum (omit in case your mix incorporates it)
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • ½ teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoons soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt

MAPLE CINNAMON GLAZE:

  • 2 Tablespoons milk
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 oz cream cheese
  • 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 cup powdered sugar

INSTRUCTIONS

  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray the cavities of the donut pan with cooking spray.
  • In your stand mixer or in a huge bowl, accurately mix the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla together. Add the pumpkin puree, and mix in till absolutely incorporated.
  • In a separate bowl, mix the gluten-free flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  • Add the dry meals to the rainy ingredients, and mix till simply combined. Spoon or pipe (using an icing bag) the batter into the donut pan, filling simply to the rim of the pan.
  • Bake the donuts at 425 ranges for 5 minutes, then decrease the temperature to 350 ranges and proceed to bake for one other 7-9 minutes.
  • Remove the donuts for the pan and enable them to sit for 2-3 minutes, earlier than moving to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the relaxation of the batter.
  • While the donuts are baking, put collectively the glaze: utilizing an electrical mixer or stand mixer, mix the cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar collectively till delicate and absolutely combined. Add within the cinnamon and maple syrup, and mix for one other 30 seconds.
  • Once the donuts are sometimes cool, gently dip them into the glaze one through way of one, and return to the wire rack to enable the glaze to set. 

Today is our 3rd marriage ceremony ceremony ceremony anniversary! And we’re celebrating with donuts!!! (or doughnuts? I’ll through way of no potential know.)

That’s right, 3 years ago TODAY, I tricked this good-looking stud ↓↓↓ into marrying me. And wooooo boy did I hit the jackpot or WHAT?! I’m lovely certain they coined the time period “better half” in reference to the cutie below. Seriously, he’s my everything and more, but I won’t bore you with all of the gushing (that might possible cross on for days.)

But, goodness, it’s humorous how time flies by. I seem at these pictures and might swear that this was all in simple terms a month ago, but then I do I double-take and think, “did we ever actually seem that young?! That ought to have been perpetually ago!” … or 3 years. Toe-may-toe, Toe-mah-toe.

I might also inform you that it’s to maintain with tradition, as we’ve through way of no potential had cake on our anniversary — nope, now not even on 12 months 1 —  which wouldn’t be a lie since a few cake monster yours actually has no self-control round leftover gluten-free marriage ceremony ceremony ceremony cake (yes, we iced over it to devour on our 1 12 months anniversary, and yes, I polished all of it off 10.5 months previous to that) but that’s now not the actual reason, either.

I concept donuts can be a fun, distinctive strategy to celebrate since we had DONUTS for the visitors at our marriage ceremony ceremony ceremony in lieu of serving marriage ceremony ceremony ceremony cake!

You see, our venue was an historical educate station became restaurant in Pittsburgh, and they're identified for this superior vintage donut system and the doughnuts that it produces. Seriously, most delicious issues ever (not gluten-free although – womp womp). And since we had the whole gluten-free marriage ceremony ceremony ceremony cake limitation – SO EXPENSIVE to serve to everyone! – we thought: who needs cake whilst DONUTS are an option, anyway? No brainer, people. (Don’t worry, as I eluded to before, we did have a small gluten-free cake to chop for tradition’s sake).

Soooo it in simple terms makes experience to celebrate our anniversary with an enormous ol’ batch of gluten-free pumpkin spice donuts with an enormous ol’ smear of maple cinnamon cream cheese glaze, righhhhht? Yup. Knew you guys would agree.

While the donuts at our marriage ceremony ceremony ceremony have been most certainly fried donuts, I concept it can be good to damage culture in simple terms somewhat bit — you know, in want of nonetheless having a sliver of a threat of nonetheless becoming into my marriage ceremony ceremony ceremony gown (not that I’m planning to attempt – don’t you fear haha) — so I went the baked route for these celebratory donuts. (This is my most favourite donut pan!)

Disclaimer: baking the donuts does make them somewhat extra at the cakey facet of issues — you won’t fairly get these crispy, crunchy edges — but they’re BAKED! Which needless to say potential it’s okay to have extra than 1… or 2… and even 3. We are celebrating after all.

For these celebratory donuts, pumpkin is the in simple terms selection for us for 2 reasons:
1) It’s FALL (in case you hadn’t heard) and OCTOBER, which potential that every one pumpkin everything is now OFFICIALLY allowed.

2) I love pumpkin spice SO much, I all of the time needed to have pumpkin pie at my marriage ceremony ceremony ceremony in vicinity of marriage ceremony ceremony ceremony cake, but then the whole donut selection offered itself and, as you would perhaps know, donuts all of the time win. Duh. So now that I even have manage over the donut batter, it’s pumpkin spice donuts all of the way. Best of all worlds. amiright or Am.I.Right.

The factor you'll possible love MOST about these gluten-free pumpkin spice donuts? (Other than the reality that they're PUMPKIN, gluten-free, and have an cute tale behind them  of course) the maple cinnamon cream cheese glaze.

This glaze is so good, it had Anthony and I instantly up combating over who got to lick the bowl. Cream cheese frosting meets powdered sugar glaze; choked with rich, luscious amber style and a sprinkle of cinnamon — who might maybe resist? Certainly now not me!

One very primary piece of recommendation for the glaze: don’t be like me – glaze the whole donut. I in simple terms glazed the best halves, and what a mistake that was! When I make these back (probably tomorrow, let’s be honest) I’m certainly going for the whole thing.

Well, I’m off to cross celebrate with my super husband over a gluten-free pumpkin spice donut (or five) and an enormous almond milk latte.

And get this, tonight we’re going to dinner at a cafe right right here in Philly referred to as Pumpkin for the moment half of our celebration! I wasn’t joking whilst I mentioned I loooove pumpkin!

GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN SPICE DONUTS
Baked, now not fried, and coated in a delicious Cinnamon Maple Cream Cheese Glaze, these Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Donuts are the most useful fall breakfast (or dessert!)
Author: Leah
Serves: 1 dozen