These pop brownies are crammed with a mushy blueberry jam, wrapped in a perfectly crisp, flaky pie crust, and topped with a drizzle of blueberry icing. They’re higher than the store-bought ones!
| Ingredients For the Crust
For the Icing
Instructions Make the crust: Make one recipe proper pie crust. Once you have got made the dough, type it into NULL balls, and quite flatten them into discs. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and sit back within the freezer for 15 minutes. Make the filling: Add the water and starch to a small bowl and stir collectively till the starch is dissolved. Add this combination to a bowl with the blueberry jam and stir till effectively combined. Set aside. Line a enormous baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat the egg in a small bowl. Assemble the pop tarts: Work with one disc of dough at a time. Move the moment one to the fridge after the 15 mins so it does now not freeze solid. Flour your counter and start to roll out the disc of dough, turning usually so it does now not stick with the counter. Be affected person - you are now not making an attempt to roll the dough all of the method out in a single go. Once it is about 12" across, cut the scraggly edges off to make a semi-even rectangle. Cut smaller (3 x 4.5" ish) rectangles out of the enormous rectangle. Transfer half the rectangles onto the baking sheet. Top every one with 1-2 tbsp of the jam. Brush the rims with the egg wash. Add a moment rectangle to the top, and pinch the rims collectively to seal the pop tart. Crimp the rims by urgent the tines of a fork into them, all of the method around, and poke a number of holes within the upper with a fork. Brush the entire pop tart with egg wash. Bake: Bake for 19-23 minutes, or till the crust is frivolously golden brown, and is agency whilst tapped. Transfer to a cooling rack and funky fully earlier than frosting. Frost: Mix frosting foods together. Crush some freeze dried blueberries and upload to the frosting (optional). Spoon dollops of frosting over the cooled pop tarts. (I suggest placing a work of parchment or wax paper on a cookie sheet and placing your cooling rack with the pop brownies on upper of this. It will trap the icing that drips off to save your counters from a sticky mess!). Top with extra beaten freeze dried blueberries (optional). Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately! These are greatest the primary or moment day. The pie crust loses a few of it is crisp-ness after that. Store leftovers at room temp, in an hermetic container. |
Reasons to Make Homemade Pop Tarts:
Ridiculously delicious with out a ridiculous quantity of attempt required
Cute as can be
Perfect back-to-school snack or breakfast
Because you're keen on yourself
A transportable treat/snack/afternoon pick-me-up
Did I point out – DELICIOUS
Seriously – these are so good. SO good! The degree of ease right right this is quite good too. If you’re cushy with making selfmade pie crust these can be a breeze. If not, I even have plenty of pictures and suggestions under and in my pie crust suggestions publish to assist you out. If all else fails – you possibly can use shop sold pie crust (I won’t tell!).
The filling is made with jam and the icing is made with a bit of extra jam + some powdered sugar + a dash of heavy cream.
How to Make Homemade Blueberry Pop Tarts
Note: I selected to make use of blueberry jam for mine, but you possibly can sub your favourite taste – strawberry, raspberry, etc.!
First – we make the pie crust! Cut your butter into the flour, upload water, use your palms to assist it alongside and type it into NULL discs. Freeze for 15 minutes. You can do this! There’s no purpose to be afraid of pie crust!
Next up, roll out your dough on a floured surface. Cut into rectangles! I made 3x four or 5″ ish rectangles and got 12 pop tarts. Don’t fear about measuring them although – I simply anticipated them for essentially one of the foremost part. They weren’t all of the precise similar measurement and that’s ok!
Top a rectangle together with your jam mixture, brush the rims with egg wash, upload the matching rectangle on top, pinch the rims together, crimp edges with a fork, brush the entire factor with egg wash, prick holes within the top, and bake!
While they bake, blend up your 3-ingredient icing. Add some beaten freeze-dried fruit if wanted – blueberries, strawberries, etc. These are the freeze-dried blueberries that I used!
Let your pop brownies cool, then drizzle with icing! Enjoy immediately. They’re greatest eaten the primary day or two. If you won’t move by means of 12 pop brownies in a day or NULL (but you possibly will) you possibly can honestly cut the recipe in half. On the reverse hand, you possibly can double it in case you must feed a higher crowd!
I’m of course now not going again to faculty but I mean, do you truly even desire that excuse to make selfmade blueberry pop tarts? I suppose not! This is the moment time that August is coming to an cease and I’m now not going again to school. It’s the primary time for Grant. I’m satisfied I’m executed with school, but there's a tinyyy little nerdy gene somewhere in my thoughts that's a bit of sad that I’ll by no means head again to faculty or take one other “first day of school” picture.
On the brilliant side, my “homework” now contains making and consuming selfmade pop tarts. I suppose I can treat that.
Happy baking, totally satisfied eating, and totally satisfied back-to-school for these of you who've children or are in school!
