Lemon Dessert (aka Lemon Lush)

Easy chilly lemon dessert (aka lemon lush) made with a crumbly crust and topped with creamy layers of whipped topping and lemon pudding.



INGREDIENTS

  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup pecans + more for top
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 16 oz cool whip
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 4 small (3.4 oz) bins lemon immediate pudding
  • 5 cups milk

INSTRUCTIONS
First Layer

  • Preheat oven to 350° F.
  •  Cut butter into flour.  Mix properly and upload pecans.  Pat into the backside of a 9×13 pan and bake for 20 minutes or till golden brown.  Let cool completely.
Second Layer
  • Whip collectively softened cream cheese and powdered sugar.  Fold in half of the cool whip (about 8 oz.).  Spread over crust.
Third Layer
  • Combine lemon pudding and milk.  Beat till thick.  Spread over cream cheese layer.
  • Fourth Layer
  • Spoon and swirl the rest cool whip on top.  Sprinkle with pecans.
  • Refrigerate till competent to serve.


NOTES
If making this ahead, it's going to maintain for an complete day.  I assume it’s even higher the moment day!

If you desire to make a smaller dessert, you possibly can cut the recipe in half and use a 9×9 pan.

I rather suggest utilizing Jell-O model lemon pudding. I’ve tried a number of off manufacturers (specifically Kroger) they usually didn't have the identical huge lemon-y taste.  That being said, inspite of the Kroger model the last product was delicious!


Sunshine on a plate.  That’s what I’m calling it this wintery day.  My mother has been making this lemon dessert once more these days and it takes me once more to while my grandma made it and referred to as it lemon lush.  I love the recent lemon style so a lot that I decided to make it once more to share with you.  There’s anything about a recent fruity dessert within the winter that makes life really sense like spring.  No sunshine outside.  No problem.  I’ve got lemon lush.


What I love about this dessert is the creamy texture with the crunch of the buttery crust.  And simply like this moist lemon cake you may make it a day ahead. It’s simply about higher than the primary day you make it.  You recognize I’m all in regards to the sensible besides the taste.


The basically drawback to this chilly dessert is which you simply do should cool the crust once you bake it.  I was in a rush to get this achieved earlier than the sun was placing so I might get photographs for you.  So out to the porch I went.  I stayed near via means of afraid a bird, or a few different animal, would desire a taste.  But the light on my face felt soooo good!  And the cool climate helped to cool the crust proper down.