Melon Caprese Salad.


Sweet cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon make up this untraditional caprese salad. Tossed with a basil infused lemon vinaigrette and performed off with recent burrata cheese, this melon caprese salad is the suited light, refreshing, and delicious appetizer or snack. Fresh fruit, buratta, and prosciutto? Yes, please.




Ingredients


  •     3 balls recent burrata cheese
  •     four cups melon balls (I used watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew)
  •     1/2 cup recent basil leaves
  •     2 tablespoons recent mint leaves
  •     6 slices prosciutto


Honey Herb Vinaigrette


  •     1/4 cup additional virgin olive oil
  •     2 tablespoons honey
  •     juice of one lemon
  •     1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
  •     1 cup recent basil
  •     1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
  •     1 pinch flaky sea salt. 



Instructions

    1. Break the burrata in half and location each half within the backside of a small bowl or glass (about 8 ounces). Over the burrata, layer the melon balls, basil, and mint. Top with a slice of prosciutto.

    2. At this level the salad ought to be protected and positioned within the fridge for as tons as 6 hours.

    3. Before serving, drizzle over the vinaigrette (recipe follows).

    4. To make the vinaigrette, combine all foods in a blender and mix till smooth.  


Hey, hi all of the method from the Caribbean. I’m proper proper here on trip with my household (do you say trip or holiday? Everyone we're proper proper here with says trip and I’m sort of liking it). As I range this I’m sitting in eighty plus level temperatures, surrounded by particularly blue waters. Those tropical destinations I at all times say I’m dreaming of…I’m here.

But as a lot as I would love to sit proper proper here and inform you all about our trip, I’m going to save that for Sunday’s post, and bounce into this caprese salad. If you’re curious about what we're up to, comply with alongside on Instagram.


Isn’t this the prettiest caprese salad? I’m in love with its colors, and needless to say its flavors. Traditionally caprese salad has tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella, but seeing as our summer time heirloom tomatoes haven't yet arrived in Colorado, I decided to do anything somewhat different, but nonetheless very Italian.

While I might be within the Caribbean proper now, I’m making a psychological notice that my subsequent trip wants to be spent in Italy experiencing the fascinating pizza, pasta, wines, and um yes, most certainly burrata. Because as you all know, I am obsessed with burrata.
close

The pairing of recent melon and prosciutto is really very normal in Italy. If you’ve ever traveled there, then you’ve most doubtless experienced this for yourself.

In Italy, they’ll wrap recent prosciutto round wedges of melon. And whereas I might no longer have tried this delicious combo in Italy, I even have tried it here. The mixture of salty prosciutto to candy melon is past delicious.

I took this very similar idea, and grew to become it proper into a caprese salad with burrata cheese. I then topped it with a vinaigrette mix made with a herb and honey infused olive sauce/vinaigrette. It’s fascinating simple, but so good, so pretty. My finest sort of dinner…I mean, snack or appetizer.

But if I’m being honest, I might absolutely consume this for dinner, with possibly an additional aspect of burrata and melon, ok and basil.


So let’s discuss details.

For one, you want a few nice melons. I used a combination of watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew. You can use only 1 or all three, but I liked the range of colours that comes from utilizing all three. It makes for a really really salad.

Next up, the burrata. If you ask me, you've got to make use of burrata. It’s creamy, buttery, and most likely certainly one of my favourite cheeses. It takes this caprese salad to a entire new level. Everyone at all times asks the position they'll discover burrata, but it’s really in many instances discovered in most grocery stores, as nicely as Whole Food and Trader Joe’s. If you can’t discover it, attempt asking your grocery shop to unique order it for you. Most of the time they may just do that no difficulty and loose of charge. And if all else fails, use recent mozzarella, that might be huge too!

OK, and shifting on from the cheese to the recent basil!

No caprese salad is entire with out recent basil. I used equally recent basil and mint for additional of an herby caprese salad. I also made a sweeter honey basil sauce to drizzle over thew caprese simply earlier than serving. It’s no longer a entire ought to to make this sauce, nonetheless it surely does upload yet one other layer of flavor, and makes for an additional unique caprese.


When I made this salad the different week, I might no longer wait to share it with you all. I understand it’s tremendous simple, nonetheless it surely consists of a few of my favourite foods and might be huge for any upcoming 4th of July parties, and each different summer time celebration that follows.

What’s huge about this caprese, is which you simply may just make everything forward of time and hold the salad saved within the fridge till you're equipped to serve. I want to drizzle the sauce over simply earlier than serving to guarantee the melon and herbs don’t get too soggy whereas they sit.


However you choose to serve this up, I’m really certain it’s going to be liked by all. There’s no longer a lot to dislike about recent fruit, cheese, and basil.

And of course, if you’re like me, you may just also simply serve this up as a dinner. Maybe including a aspect of grilled bread…

Yes, that might be great!