These Oatmeal Green Smoothie Muffins are so simple to make and so delicious! Perfectly sweet, gentle and filled with wholesome greens! They are naturally gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweetened, and liked by all…especially kids!
Ingredients
Instructions
|
We are a smoothie-lovin’ family. And I am a smoothie lovin’ girl. But, to be trustworthy with you, if I actually needs to drink one other inexperienced smoothie within the close to future…..I could cry.
Don’t get me wrong. I actually have a mega gentle spot for inexperienced smoothies. However, as exceptional as smoothies are…they can get old. Real old. Just like several different meals you eat day in and day out. Variety is the spice of life, and smoothies are now not any exception to this rule.
I didn’t truly suppose about this actuality till one day, I discovered myself glaring at my morning smoothie.
“You again,” had been the phrases operating by means of my head as I compelled myself to gulp down the candy inexperienced blend.
Force…never anything that ought to be edge of eating. Healthy or not, you ought to by no means pressure your self to devour something. Eating is the act of nourishing and fueling your body, but there are so many feelings tied into the act as well. When you pressure your self to devour anything that brings you no joy, you depart the meal hungry….not unsatiated…but nonetheless hungry and searching for more. In my private experience, the times which you simply pressure your self to eat anything that carry you no joy also are the times you have a tendency to pass grazing on issues which are so much now not up to nourishing…..
It was at some point whilst I was making a batch of my Flourless Peanut Butter Muffins in my blender that the concept of a inexperienced smoothie muffin dawned on me. I made desserts always throughout my meal prep or quick the nighttime time earlier than an incredibly busy day…. why now not throw greens into the mix? I truly pretty sense like having veggies in each meal is an foremost edge of wholesome dwelling and inexperienced smoothie desserts would fill the simple wholesome void my brief smoothie wreck left within the morning.
So, that day…Oatmeal Green Smoothie Muffins had been born.
Loaded with nutrient-dense greens, naturally sweetened with bananas and slightly honey/maple syrup, and packing an further punch of fiber-rich rolled oats for nice measure…a new breakfast favourite was born. In true mommy blogger form, I examined this recipe out on my daughter (and her decent buddy that was over for a play date (don’t let me child sit your children until you're prepared to let me feed their bizarre wholesome issues within the identify of recipe development) earlier than I even seen bringing this recipe to the relaxation of you. And it passed….with flying colors. In fact, whilst I stuck the children stealing further inexperienced smoothie desserts off of the cooling rack, I knew I had simply made a recipe that would make rather plenty of families’ life fitter and tastier!
Tips
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, mix your oats on my own first. Then upload the different ingredients! This will assist them to have a smoothie texture!
- Adjust how rather plenty spinach you placed in to suit your taste/needs. The further spinach = the darker the color of inexperienced those desserts turn out. The so much less spinach = the lighter color of green.
- Let them cool fully earlier than eating. You CAN eat them nonetheless warm, however, they can be till slightly gentle within the center and keep on with your liners. Baked items preserve cooking whilst hot out of the oven and agency up because the cool.
- Store within the fridge or freezer! They will final rather plenty longer!
Suggested Adaptations
- Skip the sweetener! If you're searching for slightly so much less sugar on your life, both cut back the quantity of maple syrup/honey you use or let the banana do all of the sweetening and depart the honey/syrup all together! I do that often!
- Make it egg-free! Sub the eggs on this recipe with a combination of 2 tablespoons floor flax meal + 6 tablespoons WARM water.
- Want to attempt them Paleo? I’ve got you covered! Try this Paleo model of the those superior muffins!
Nutrition
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 226mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1340IU | Vitamin C: 5.6mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.2mg
