Today I’m sharing these vintage shaped iced oatmeal cookies- they style much like Mother’s oatmeal cookies, in effortless terms 100x better! Growing up my mother at all times made us oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so naturally I love any cookie with a well quantity of oatmeal in them. A few months ago I even went just a bit loopy and made a few oatmeal cookies with rice krispies in them (which have been brilliant with the aid of way of the way)! However, I’ve at all times cherished these iced oatmeal cookies, so I decided to attempt making them myself. I couldn’t imagine how primary it was and how beautiful yummy they were! This recipe is undoubtedly a keeper, one you’re going to desire to make time and time again!
| Ingredients Cookie
Glaze
Instructions
|
There’s in effortless terms 1 small catch. Don’t worry, it’s in effortless terms a small step within the process. You’re going to desire a meals processor or blender to grind up a few old school oats. It’s nearly like we’re making a combo of oat flour and rolled oats. Just pour them in and pulse or grind 10-12 times. That’s it! Everything else is quite easy with the exception of just a bit cornstarch to assist thicken these cookies up a bit. It also facilitates create well crispy tops too!
When you've your dough combined up it’ll be quite mushy and sticky. You would possibly desire to let it relaxation within the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or so, that method your palms don’t get messy and the oats have just a bit time to take in a few moisture. Use a easy dimension cookie scoop to location them on lined sheets and bake them wherever from 10-15 minutes. If you're keen on softer oatmeal cookies persist with 10-11 minutes, if you’re like me and like crispy ones, cross 14-15 minutes! All that’s left is to dip the tops in a tremendous primary glaze. Once the glaze hardens they’re competent to be devoured… and belief me, they'll be! These spiced oatmeal cookies are fully proper for the holidays, everybody is certain to love them!
