salted caramel cookie dough smoothie

Cool, creamy, and ridiculously comforting! This Salted Caramel Cookie Dough Smoothie tastes indulgent but is made with wholesome foods like dates and oats!



INGREDIENTS

  • 1/4 frozen banana (2 – 3 small chunks, about 25 g)
  • 1/4 cup (20 g) rolled oats
  • 3 big or 5 small dates, pitted (around 1/4 cup, 45 g)
  • 1/3 cup (80 ml) vanilla almond milk
  • 3 – four frozen almond milk cubes (or ice cubes)
  • 1 tbsp (16 g) almond butter (optional)*
  • pinch of salt

INSTRUCTIONS

  • Place all of the foods into any basic blender and mix till smooth. This smoothie will be made in enhance and kept within the fridge for additional thickness and creaminess!



We’ve loved pretty sunny climate all week after which it decides to be cloudy and darkish at the day I have to picture a recipe. Typical. But after teasing you guys with visions of salted caramel cookie dough smoothies for a pair of days, I wasn’t about to cling off any longer — I’ll take a hard photoshoot over the wrath of hungry readers any day 😉

That being said, I’m in truth tremendous completely glad that it’s cooling down. After the sprinkling of snow we got hit with a number of weeks back, this previous week saw us having fun with a moderate warmth wave which I didn’t in truth look after much. I mean… I desire my sweater weather, dammit!

But I guess I can’t hate at the warmth too quite a bit since that was what brought on me to create this freaking superb smoothie. See, I needed anything that was cool and creamy but nonetheless comforting… meaning nothing overly fruity or current tasting. I idea about going the pumpkin route, but with the current scarcity and a number of special recipes floating round in my head, I didn’t precisely have any pumpkin to spare. I did, however… have dates.


Fun fact: I didn’t in truth have my first style of dates till I was nicely into my 20’s (I grew up with raisins), and it was simply love at first bite. Not only are dates wonderfully candy and gooey, but in addition they occur to style a complete heck of quite a bit like caramel — therefore the identify of this smoothie.

Yup! This smoothie is made with dates. I apologize in case you got here right the following expecting real caramel, but I can promise you that one sip of this fitter model could have you ever singing a special tune. It’s de-freaking-licious. The salt is, of course, optional, but extremely advised because it in truth enables deliver out the sweetness of the dates.


As for the cookie dough aspect of the equation — again, it’s now not real cookie dough — but or now not it's exceptionally doughy way to the addition of uncooked oats. It’s also exceptionally thick, creamy, and comforting. And if you’ve by no means tried including oats in your smoothies, you have to swap that stat as it's going to change.your.life. And why now not bounce with a Salted Caramel Cookie Dough Smoothie? 😀

NOTES
* You can go away out the almonds and it's going to nonetheless style amazing. These are simply for introduced creaminess. Also, in case you don’t have almonds on hand, a Tbsp. of almond butter will work too.