Samoa Pie — This Samoa pie tastes even higher than the Girl Scout cookies you grew up eating! It’s layered with caramel sauce, chocolate, and shredded coconut. YUM!
Addicting Samoa Pie Recipe
Growing up, I was a Girl Scout and I was vast at ‘selling’ cookies. I could literally polish off a box of Samoas after faculty whereas doing my homework. Chock up one other ‘sale’ my fogeys needed to chip in for.
Thin Mints and Samoas are my favourite Girl Scout cookies and since I already have a fast, easy, no-bake, and foolproof Thin Mints recipe, it was time to deal with Samoas. The textures and flavors are all there on this big Samoa pie. Gooey, chewy, sticky, sweet, and wonderful. Dare I say this could possibly even be higher than the actual thing?
It’s a fast, easy, no-mixer recipe that comes collectively in minutes and there’s nothing fussy about it. Making particular person Samoa cookies is far too labor-intensive and this big cookie pie is the opposite.
I made a easy stir-together dough for the crust earlier than topping it with chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, salted caramel, and a remaining chocolate drizzle. You can use home made salted caramel or your favourite store-bought brand. I like salted caramel as the mild saltiness cuts via a few of the sweetness but normal caramel sauce is fine.
Since I didn’t dip the backside of this big cookie in chocolate like common Samoas Girl Scout cookies, I additional chocolate chips underneath the coconut layer, a la Seven Layer Bars, and there’s chocolate drizzled on top. You can by no capability have too a lot chocolate.
The cookie base is soft, chewy, dense, and the right help gadget for the chocolate, coconut, and salted caramel that will get piled on. With this recipe, it’s Girl Scout cookie season year-round. Dangerous.
What’s in This Samoa Pie?
To make this Samoa cookie pie, you’ll need:
Unsalted butter
Egg
Light brown sugar
Vanilla extract
All-purpose flour
Salt
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Sweetened shredded coconut
Sweetened condensed milk
Salted caramel sauce
Samoa Pie
How to Make Samoa Pie
Whisk collectively the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla earlier than stirring within the flour and salt. Turn the batter right into a greased pie dish and bake till the rims agency up quite and the middle is a bit bit set.
Remove the pie crust from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Then, sprinkle at the shredded coconut, adopted by the sweetened condensed milk and salted caramel sauce. Return the Samoa pie to the oven and bake till there’s a few effervescent close to the side of the dish and the middle has dried out a few and seems set.
Once the cookie pie is out of the oven, permit it cool quite earlier than drizzling with melted chocolate. You’ll then ought to permit the Samoa pie set for a nice four hours, simply due to the fact it wants time to absolutely set up.
HERE’S A VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE SAMOA PIE:
How to Store Samoa Pie
This Samoa cookie pie will reside recent for as a strong deal as 5 days at room temperature if shop in a sealed container. You too can shop it for as a strong deal as 6 months (I shop it by reducing it into small wedges, wrapping every wedge individually in plastic wrap, and setting these in a enormous zip-top bag).
Can I Use Regular Caramel Sauce?
Yes, you possibly can use normal or salted caramel sauce for this cookie pie recipe. Use whichever you've got on hand!
Tips for Making a Samoa Pie
You’ll use about two-thirds of a essential 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk. Just eyeball it simply due to the fact it’s method too sticky to measure. The leftover portion might be utilized in coffee, iced coffee, no-bake truffles, or simply consume it with a spoon.
Also, you ought to look at your pie like a hawk throughout the remaining 10 minutes of baking. The coconut, caramel, and sweetened condensed milk are all inclined to burning, so it’s higher to beneath bake than over bake if you’re unsure.
Finally, you MUST permit this Samoa pie cool for a minimum of four hours (or overnight) earlier than reducing and serving it. If you attempt to slice the pie immediately, you’ll have a literal hot mess in your fingers and it’ll be impossible to consume a slice.
NOTES
Pie is greatest fresh, but will preserve hermetic at room temperature for as a strong deal as 5 days, or within the freezer for as a strong deal as 6 months. I shop it by reducing into small wedges, wrapping every wedge individually in plasticwrap, and setting these in a enormous ziptop bag.
INGREDIENTS
INSTRUCTIONS
|
Addicting Samoa Pie Recipe
Growing up, I was a Girl Scout and I was vast at ‘selling’ cookies. I could literally polish off a box of Samoas after faculty whereas doing my homework. Chock up one other ‘sale’ my fogeys needed to chip in for.
Thin Mints and Samoas are my favourite Girl Scout cookies and since I already have a fast, easy, no-bake, and foolproof Thin Mints recipe, it was time to deal with Samoas. The textures and flavors are all there on this big Samoa pie. Gooey, chewy, sticky, sweet, and wonderful. Dare I say this could possibly even be higher than the actual thing?
It’s a fast, easy, no-mixer recipe that comes collectively in minutes and there’s nothing fussy about it. Making particular person Samoa cookies is far too labor-intensive and this big cookie pie is the opposite.
I made a easy stir-together dough for the crust earlier than topping it with chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, salted caramel, and a remaining chocolate drizzle. You can use home made salted caramel or your favourite store-bought brand. I like salted caramel as the mild saltiness cuts via a few of the sweetness but normal caramel sauce is fine.
Since I didn’t dip the backside of this big cookie in chocolate like common Samoas Girl Scout cookies, I additional chocolate chips underneath the coconut layer, a la Seven Layer Bars, and there’s chocolate drizzled on top. You can by no capability have too a lot chocolate.
The cookie base is soft, chewy, dense, and the right help gadget for the chocolate, coconut, and salted caramel that will get piled on. With this recipe, it’s Girl Scout cookie season year-round. Dangerous.
What’s in This Samoa Pie?
To make this Samoa cookie pie, you’ll need:
Unsalted butter
Egg
Light brown sugar
Vanilla extract
All-purpose flour
Salt
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Sweetened shredded coconut
Sweetened condensed milk
Salted caramel sauce
Samoa Pie
How to Make Samoa Pie
Whisk collectively the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla earlier than stirring within the flour and salt. Turn the batter right into a greased pie dish and bake till the rims agency up quite and the middle is a bit bit set.
Remove the pie crust from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Then, sprinkle at the shredded coconut, adopted by the sweetened condensed milk and salted caramel sauce. Return the Samoa pie to the oven and bake till there’s a few effervescent close to the side of the dish and the middle has dried out a few and seems set.
Once the cookie pie is out of the oven, permit it cool quite earlier than drizzling with melted chocolate. You’ll then ought to permit the Samoa pie set for a nice four hours, simply due to the fact it wants time to absolutely set up.
HERE’S A VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE SAMOA PIE:
How to Store Samoa Pie
This Samoa cookie pie will reside recent for as a strong deal as 5 days at room temperature if shop in a sealed container. You too can shop it for as a strong deal as 6 months (I shop it by reducing it into small wedges, wrapping every wedge individually in plastic wrap, and setting these in a enormous zip-top bag).
Can I Use Regular Caramel Sauce?
Yes, you possibly can use normal or salted caramel sauce for this cookie pie recipe. Use whichever you've got on hand!
Tips for Making a Samoa Pie
You’ll use about two-thirds of a essential 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk. Just eyeball it simply due to the fact it’s method too sticky to measure. The leftover portion might be utilized in coffee, iced coffee, no-bake truffles, or simply consume it with a spoon.
Also, you ought to look at your pie like a hawk throughout the remaining 10 minutes of baking. The coconut, caramel, and sweetened condensed milk are all inclined to burning, so it’s higher to beneath bake than over bake if you’re unsure.
Finally, you MUST permit this Samoa pie cool for a minimum of four hours (or overnight) earlier than reducing and serving it. If you attempt to slice the pie immediately, you’ll have a literal hot mess in your fingers and it’ll be impossible to consume a slice.
NOTES
Pie is greatest fresh, but will preserve hermetic at room temperature for as a strong deal as 5 days, or within the freezer for as a strong deal as 6 months. I shop it by reducing into small wedges, wrapping every wedge individually in plasticwrap, and setting these in a enormous ziptop bag.
