Seafood Stuffed Potatoes

When I was about 9, there was this native seafood restaurant my household and I could frequent. Don’t worry. You recognise I’m now not a standard blogger so this lil tale can be brief. Anyway, the restaurant was referred to as Louisiana Gold. There has by no means been a extra thoroughly named establishment. This vicinity was certainly golden! The all the time had the freshest, Louisiana seafood. They made dwelling variety burgers, po boys, and perfectly seasoned boiled seafood. But, they had been most famously identified for his or her seafood filled potatoes. And boy had been they OVER stuffed! Each potato was flowing with shrimp, crawfish, and that spicy cheese sauce. Man! Louisiana Gold unfortunately closed a long time ago. I miss that place. I miss it so a lot I decided to recreate my model of that masterpiece. Here’s my Seafood Stuffed Potatoes recipe.



Ingredients

  • 4 baking measurement Russet potatoes
  • 1 lb crawfish tails tired of fat
  • 1 lb of uncooked shrimp
  • 2 T minced garlic
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 4 T flour
  • 8 oz block cream cheese softened
  • 2 cups shredded American cheese Velveeta
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella
  • 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 1/2 cups half and half
  • 2 T cajun seasoning
  • 2 T liquid crab boil
  • 2 T onion powder
  • 1 T garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper
  • chives or inexperienced onions

Instructions
Potatoes:

  • Wash, scrub, and dry the potatoes well.
  • Poke small holes throughout the potatoes utilizing a fork to vent.
  • Now, you'll be able to both wrap them in foil and bake them on 400 F for 40-50 mins. Or you'll be able to wrap them individually in paper towels and microwave them one at a time utilizing the “potato” putting in your microwave. *
  • When the potatoes are done, intently cut a cut up down the center of a potato. Do NOT cut by means of the different (or under) aspect of the potato’s skin.
  • Scoop the insides of the potatoes out and region it right into a bowl; reserve the potato skins and maintain them intact.
  • Add within the cream cheese, chives, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
  • Mix well, disguise to maintain warm, and set aside.
Seafood & Sauce:
  • Add the shrimp and crawfish right into a bowl
  • Season the shrimp with 1 TBS of Cajun seasoning, 1 TBS onion powder and 1 TBS liquid crab boil.
  • In a saucepan, melt four TBS of butter and upload within the garlic
  • Sauté the garlic for 30 secs.
  • Add within the shrimp and crawfish and sauté till the shrimp are cooked; about 4-5 mins.
  • Remove and set aside
  • Pour the liquid left within the pot right into a cup and reserve
  • In the similar pot, melt the ultimate butter.
  • When the butter melts, whisk within the flour
  • Mix till the flour isn't any longer visible; about 1 min
  • Pour within the reserved seafood liquid 
  • Pour within the half and half whereas whisking.
  • Bring it to a low simmer
  • Stir in 1 TBS of Cajun seasoning and 1 TBS of onion powder
  • When the sauce begins to thicken, stir in all ultimate cheeses.
  • When the cheese melts, upload within the seafood and stir.
  • Once the seafood is hot turn off the heat.
  • Spoon the potato combination calmly onto the reserved potato skins
  • Sprinkle mozzarella calmly on every potato
  • Ladle the seafood sauce over the potatoes
  • Garnish with chives or inexperienced onions
  • Enjoy!

Recipe Notes
*If you don’t have a potato putting in your microwave, cook dinner it on HIGH for 5 mins. Turn the potato over and microwave it back for 3-5 minutes or till it's fork tender.

You should have a few big, wholesome baking potatoes. They aren’t bought in 5 or 10 lb bags. Most grocery shops have them shelved separately and promote them by means of way of the pound. If not, simply make certain you get the biggest, russet potatoes available.



You have NULL options. You can bake those guys within the oven for almost an hour. Or, you'll be able to do what I do. Throw them within the microwave! Microwaves vary, so appear for the potato placing on yours.



Clean the potatoes well. These issues develop within the dirt, so they will be fairly dirty. Whether cooking within the generic oven or the microwave, you’ll nonetheless want to poke small holes into the potatoes for venting. This will steer clear of an explosion. It will assist the potatoes steam higher and cook dinner extra evenly.



One of the issues that made the seafood crammed potatoes at Louisiana Gold so magical, was that they scooped the potatoes out of the pores and dermis and combined it with sauce. This way, the flavors with all via the potato rather of simply floating on top. I adapted their methodology by including a few wealthy extras to the potatoes.

You can upload any seafood you want. I use shrimp and crawfish. But, a few lump crab meat is fabulous as well. I upload just a bit little bit of liquid crab boil to kick of the spice!


Choice of cheeses is non-compulsory too. However, I extremely inspire you to attempt my mix first. Hey, I’m the professional here! J/K….kinda. And yes, I use American cheese. AND YES, I recognise it’s now not truly cheese. I also recognise that no different actual cheese melts fairly like this stuff. So, I’m utilizing it. Get over it!

This Seafood Stuffed Potato recipe isn't one I’d suggest which you simply make typically as it's RICH! I don’t even desire to assume concerning the energy on this thing. But, man of man is it value it! God bless you to Louisiana Gold! Thank you for infinite BOMB meals.