Vegan Caramelized Onion Dip


So I’m now not consuming this dip and imagining the well being fairies sprinkling me with magical kale dust. BUT oftentimes on a unique occasion, say BBQs, recreation nights, pal hangs, holidays, or crying into your wine nights (hey, I don’t judge), I simply desire sinful alleviation meals perfection. Welcome to Vegan Caramelized Onion Dip. Are there magical dip fairies sprinkling me with onion dust? ← How to repel everyone.



Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 yellow onions, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup silken or tender tofu
  • 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise


Instructions

  • Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, then upload the onions and garlic. Cover and cook dinner for about 15 minutes stirring each now after which and adjusting warmth as had to make certain they do now not burn. Remove the lid and stir within the sugar and salt. Cook uncovered, stirring as wanted till the onions have caramelized, one other 5 - 10 minutes.
  • Use an immersion blender, meals processor, or blender to mix the silken tofu and vegan mayonnaise. Set apart a spoonful of the caramelized onions to make use of as garnish (optional), then upload the ultimate onions and pulse a number of occasions or stir to incorporate. Chill within the fridge in an air-tight container for a number of hours or overnight to thicken. Serve with chips or veggies for dipping.





It’s so yummy in my tummy I simply can’t get enough… Ok, it’s time to confess it, 98.34% of the posts I write, I ought to restrain myself from typing the overused Austin Powders quote “get in my belly!” but now you recognize my secret. That’s what I secretly really experience about my recipes. So I’ll say it, simply this once, GET IN MY BELLY! ~lets out vast sigh of relief~


To make Vegan Caramelized Onion Dip: Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, then upload the onions and garlic. Cover and cook dinner for about 15 minutes stirring each now after which and adjusting warmth as had to make certain they don’t burn.

Remove the lid and stir within the sugar and salt. Cook uncovered, stirring as wanted till the onions have caramelized, one other 5 – 10 minutes.

*The tiny quantity of sugar enables the onions to caramelize perfectly, so don’t skip it!


Use an immersion blender, meals processor, or blender to mix the silken tofu and vegan mayonnaise. (You too can do that by using means of hand in a bowl with a whisk but I discover the silken tofu might be a little tough to damage down perfectly easily by using means of hand).

Set apart a spoonful of the caramelized onions to make use of as garnish (optional), then upload the ultimate onions and pulse a number of occasions or stir to incorporate. Chill within the fridge in an air-tight container for a number of hours or overnight to thicken. Serve with chips, veggies, or crackers for dipping.



Nutrition
Serving: 1(for 1/8th of the dip) | Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 50mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.1mg